9.27.2012

make your weekend a good one



The weekend is almost upon us. Here are a few suggestions to make it a good one.

+ Take some time to go hiking in the rain or grab a blanket and find a secluded spot in the forest to read a book and daydream. Nature is waiting there for you; take advantage of her.
+ Go on a bike ride to a park or farmer's market or river--or, simply bicycle to get purposefully lost and discover some hidden nook of your city.
+ Get together with friends and do something spontaneous.
+ If you haven't already, pull out the fall clothing box. Reacquaint yourself with your favorite sweater, wrap the scarf that smells like last winter around your throat, and put on that wool hat and dance around the room.
+ I know it's tough to get up early on weekends, but take one morning to wake up before the dawn; make yourself some tea or coffee, wrap yourself in a blanket, and sit outside to watch the sunrise. Let the steam curl around your face and suck in and savor the crisp fall air.

And no matter what else you do, make sure your weekend is a good one.

cc

11 comments:

  1. LOVED this post. this is definitely now one of my favorite posts. i loved it. thank-you so much for posting this, carlotta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spontaneous hangouts.. They're the best memories.. And I'm trying to get out more. Maybe I'll do it with tea once..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Now I'm going to try to wake up to watch the sunrise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is on my to-do list, and that last one is has been my favorite lately. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually heading away for a little weekend get away this weekend to the mountains. Hopefully I'll get some hiking in, and some good family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take your suggestions to heart, dear Carlotta. We all need to go outside and let things be for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post . Thank you Carlotta! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm going to go watch the sunrise this morning! it rises in about five minutes! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete